Last Updated: 8/4/2023
Welcome to Riffusion, a new instrument that creates music from simple prompts. This Privacy Notice explains how Corpusant, Inc. (“Corpusant”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal data in connection with the Riffusion platform and our related services.
This Privacy Notice is designed to provide information about our privacy practices, but it is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations not otherwise provided by law.
Our Collection and Use of Personal Data
We collect personal data directly from individuals when they provide us their contact information, use our platform, register for an account, complete an online transaction, participate in an event, contest, sweepstakes or survey, or otherwise contact us or interact with us through our platform and related services.
We also collect personal data automatically when an individual interacts with our platform or other services. At times, we may also collect personal data about an individual from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction with that individual.
Personal Data Provided By Individuals
We collect the following categories of personal data individuals provide us in connection with our platform and related services:
- Contact Information, including first and last name, phone number, email address, and communication preferences. We use this information primarily to fulfill your request or transaction, to communicate with you directly, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Account Information, including first and last name, email address, phone number, account credentials or one-time passcodes, platform credits, user connections and friends, transaction history, and the history of the use of our platform and other services. We use this information primarily to administer your account, provide you with our platform and services, communicate with you regarding your account and your use of our platform and services, and for customer support purposes.
- User Content, including any files, documents, audio, videos, images, data, or communications you choose to input, upload or transmit to the platform. We use the user content primarily to provide you with our services, to facilitate your requests, and to improve our platform and services.
- Event, Contest, Sweepstakes, and Survey Information, including information provided when you sign up for an event, enter a contest or sweepstakes, complete a survey or submit a testimonial. We use this information primarily to administer and facilitate our platform and services, respond to your submission, communicate with you, conduct market research, inform our marketing and advertising activities, improve and grow our business, and facilitate the related event, content, sweepstakes, or survey.
- Support Information, including the contents of custom messages sent through the forms, email addresses, or other contact information we make available to users, as well as recordings of calls with us (where permitted by law). We use this information primarily to investigate and respond to your inquiries, to communicate with you, and to improve our platform and services.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the request we receive or personal data we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
Personal Data Automatically Collected
As is true of many digital platforms, we collect certain data automatically when individuals use our platform or otherwise interact with us:
- Log Data, including internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, device type and version, browser type and version, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, other user agent string data, the time spent on our platform and other services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our platform and other services. Log data may overlap with the other categories of data below.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path taken to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as usage and activity on our services, such as the links and content individuals view or engage with, platform features used, and people or accounts interacted with.
- Location Data, such as general geographic location that we or our third-party providers may derive from your IP address, or more precise geolocation with your permission when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
Personal Data from Other Sources and Third Parties
We may receive the same categories of personal data for the same purposes as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Our Affiliates: We may receive personal data from other companies and brands owned or controlled by Corpusant and other companies owned by or under common ownership with Corpusant.
- Single Sign-On: We allow users to sign on to our platform through certain third-party accounts the user maintains. When you use single sign-on services to access our platform, we do not receive your login credentials for the relevant third-party service. Instead, we receive tokens from the single sign-on service to help identify you in our system (such as by your username) and confirm you successfully authenticated with the single sign-on services. This information allows us to more easily provide you access to our platform.
- Mobile Sign-On: We may provide you the ability to log in to our mobile applications or authenticate yourself using facial, fingerprint or other biometric recognition technology available through your mobile device. If you choose to utilize these login features, information about your facial geometry, your fingerprint or other biometric information will be collected by your mobile device for authentication purposes. We do not store or have access to this biometric information. Instead, your mobile device will perform the biometric authentication process and only let us know whether the authentication was successful. If the authentication was successful, you will be able to access the applicable mobile application or feature without separately providing your credentials. For more details, please refer to the biometric authentication guides offered by your device provider.
- Other Users: We may receive your information from other users who interact with our platform or services. For example, a user may bring to our attention a potential conflict with another user that needs to be resolved.
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with our platform or services through other social media networks, such as when someone follows us or shares our content on other social networks, we may receive some information about that individual that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network, and may include profile information, profile picture, username, and any other information the individual permits the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information primarily to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you messages about features that may be of interest to you.
- Advertisers, Influencers and Publishers: We engage in advertising both on our platform and through third-party services. Advertisers, influencers and publishers may share personal data with us in connection with our advertising efforts. For example, we may obtain information about whether an advertisement on our platform led to a successful engagement between an individual and a third-party advertiser.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as analytics and certain marketing providers, collect personal data and often share some or all of this information with us. For example, we receive personal data individuals submit in response to requests for feedback to our survey providers.
- Other Sources: We may also collect personal data about individuals that we do not otherwise have from other sources, including publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
We may use personal data we collect to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations or to deliver the services requested;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Communicate with you, including via email, text message, social media and/or telephone calls;
- Request you provide us feedback about our platform and service offerings;
- Address inquiries or complaints made by or about an individual in connection with our platform or services;
- Create and maintain accounts for our users;
- Verify your identity and entitlement to our platform and services;
- Register you for and provide you access to events, contests, sweepstakes and surveys;
- Market our platform and other services to you, including through email, phone, text message, push notification, and social media;
- Administer, improve and personalize our platform and other services, including by recognizing you and remembering your information when you return to our platform or other services;
- Develop, operate, improve, maintain, protect, and provide the features and functionality of our platform and other services;
- Identify and analyze how you use our platform and services;
- Infer additional information about you from your use of our platform and other services, such as your interests.
- Conduct research and analytics on our user base and our platform/services, including to better understand the demographics of our users;
- Improve and customize our platform and service offerings to address the needs and interests of our user base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update and monitor the platform and services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain and enhance the safety, security and integrity of our property, platform, services, technology assets and business;
- Defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements (including our , as well as to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements.
Our Disclosure of Personal Data
We disclose personal data in the following ways:
- To Our Affiliates: We may share personal data with other companies owned or controlled by Corpusant, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Corpusant, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or parent companies (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries they own, particularly when we collaborate in providing our platform or services.
- To Other Users and the General Public: We share personal data designed for sharing on the platform with certain or all other Riffusion users, or the general public, based on the applicable user privacy settings and intended recipients. Keep in mind that the users who view user-generated content can always reshare or redistribute the content both on and off the platform or save or copy the content outside of the platform. In addition, by publicly posting content on our platform, you are directing us to disclose that information as broadly as possible and directing those accessing the content to do the same.
- To Marketing Providers: We coordinate and share personal data with our marketing providers in order to advertise and communicate with individuals about our platform and the services we make available.
- To Service Providers: We engage other third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with the uses of personal data described in the sections above. Depending on the function the third party serves, the service provider may process personal data on our behalf or have access to personal data while performing functions on our behalf.
- To Other Businesses as Needed to Provide Services: We may share personal data with third parties you engage with through our services or as need to fulfill a request or transaction including, for example, payment processing services.
- In Connection with a Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal data to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal data may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
- To Comply with Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal data to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
o in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
o to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
o to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
o to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
o to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
o as otherwise required by applicable law.
- With Your Consent or Direction: We may disclose personal data about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction.
We and our third-party partners and providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect certain personal data when an individual visits or interacts with our platform and other services. For example, our platform and other services use these technologies to automatically collect analytics and usage information so we can conduct analytics and deliver personalized advertising.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set the browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online services, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Please note certain of our third-party providers may directly collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites and applications when you use our platform and other services for purposes of providing behavioral or interest-based advertising services to third parties. We support the self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance. These principles allow individuals to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about online activities over time and across third-party websites and applications for online interest-based advertising purposes. More information about these principles can be found at www.aboutads.info. If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance program and perform advertising-related services for us and our partners, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to place an opt-out cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. Opt-out cookies only work on the internet browser and device they are downloaded onto. If you want to opt out of interest-based advertisements across all your browsers and devices, you will need to opt out on each browser on each device actively used. If you delete cookies on a device generally, you will need to opt out again.
To opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile apps from advertisers and third parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance program, please follow the instructions at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Children’s Personal Data
Our platform and other services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal data from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our platform and other services or otherwise provide us with any personal data either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal data from our systems. If we learn that any personal data we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal data.
Third-Party Websites AND Services
Our platform and other services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, applications and other services. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal data practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal data practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California:
Users of the platform who are California residents under the age of 18 may request and obtain removal of user-generated content they posted on the platform. To submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that were posted may have been republished or reposted by another user or third party.
- If you are a resident of the State of Nevada:
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our platform, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.